Monday, December 7, 2020

Psalm 91:2

I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in Him will I trust. - Psalm 91:2

The last several days have been filled with emotions, with love, with deep contemplation of what life is, with tears, and with smiles. In it all, God's hand is constantly being revealed, some in the internal things of the heart, and others through relationships built on the foundation of our faith in Jesus Christ. Each day that passes, it is clear that, "...all things work together for the good to them that love God, to them who are called according to His purpose" - Romans 8:28.

Nancy is doing very well at home. She is in the process of re-learning daily life skills that are so easily taken for granted. Life is different now, and that's alright. As she prepares for the next phase of care, the dross of life is being skimmed away, revealing her most valuable character qualities, and a brokenness that only God could bring through His orchestration of these events. And all for the purpose of drawing both of us towards dependence on God as our true source of life.

The fruit, bearing on this branch, with all life coming from the vine.

God has been preparing both of us for the last year or so through many trying situations. In this, He has brought wonderful healing to our marriage relationship through some very difficult trials. Though it has been difficult, purity comes only through the furnace. In the end, the most beautiful, pure gold remains. May God continue His good work in both us, to the day He calls each of us home.

So many friends, loved and cherished friends, have come forward offering help and support for the both of us. It brings me to tears seeing this, as God strips away my learned independence and ways of coping with the adversities in life. But God has a different plan; dependence on Him, and resting in Him. In Christ.

For the past month, this hymn has been running through my head non-stop. God is good!

"Great is Thy faithfulness, " O God my Father,
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not
As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be.
"Great is Thy faithfulness!" "Great is Thy faithfulness!"
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided—
"Great is Thy faithfulness, " Lord, unto me!
Summer and winter, and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above,
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.
"Great is Thy faithfulness!" "Great is Thy faithfulness!"
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided—
"Great is Thy faithfulness, " Lord, unto me!
Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth,
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!
"Great is Thy faithfulness!" "Great is Thy faithfulness!"
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided—
"Great is Thy faithfulness, " Lord, unto me!

- William Marion Runyan (1870-1957)

Recent Photos


Dec 5, 2020 - My bride is home and we're at her favorite place. What a blessing!

Dec 6, 2020 - Grandma with her three favorite grandchildren. Happy lunch, happy bunch!

Dec 7, 2020 - Sarah, Nancy and I go out for a walk

Dec 7, 2020 - Carolyn and Nancy share a few moments

2 comments: