Monday, December 28, 2020

Costco card

Seeing the MRI image of the tumor in my head,
and in that moment, Ken became my caregiver,
but I didn't realize it yet.

Thirty minute phone call with a nurse for chemo education.

Chemo causes constipation so start a laxative.
Chemo is a poison, so only you can touch the pills.
It leaves my body, but is still a poison,
so close the lid and flush twice to rinse the toilet bowl.

Anti-nausea meds cause liver damage, so limit Tylenol.
Radiation causes fatigue, so get more exercise.
Hair loss, skin burns, brain sensitivity, emotional sensitivity.

Must have an empty stomach.
Two hours after eating supper, take anti-nausea meds.
Wait 1 hour, then take chemo.

So how do you feel about starting chemo?
Does it matter how I feel?

Find the least expensive pharmacy for chemo prescription.
I start chemo Sunday night. 

Christmas Eve day.
Didn't ever think of people going to Costco for chemo meds.
Didn't realize it was something we would go and buy ourselves.
Not everyone is getting a rotisserie chicken, or stocking up on toilet paper.

Buy Costco membership,
and find GoodRx prescription coupons.
From $5,000 down to $400,
$10 a day, every day, for 42 days of meds.
For a year.

Guess now I can have a Costco cake for my birthday.

“He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ” - Philippians 1:6

Paul says, "I want you to know, brethren, that what has happened to me has really served to advance the gospel …And most of the brothers, having become confident in the Lord by my imprisonment, are much more bold to speak the word without fear.” - Philippians 1:12


Dec 24, 2020 - The stark reality

Dec 24, 2020 - A cold contrast: Chemo meds and pizza from Costco. 

3 comments: