Saturday, December 12, 2020

God's Mark

On Saturday, December 5, 2020 Nancy and I were home with Tim, Andrew, and our three grandchildren, enjoying time together and taking care of Nancy's needs. While we were around the kitchen table, a somehow familiar truck pulled into the driveway. As I made my way to the garage and out the door, I realized this was my good friend, Mark Baumann, that I haven't seen in a long time.

Mark!, I yelled, feeling blessed to see him. We greeted, then it was suddenly quiet. With my head swimming with thoughts an emotions from the last ten days, I asked, "Why are you here?". What a stark moment, a seemingly cold thing to ask, but I felt compelled to ask. He said, "I don't know, but I strongly felt God telling me to come see you.". "So you don't know about Nancy, do you?", I asked, and then invited Mark to come in and talk.

Mark graciously allowed me to express some thoughts I've been holding about Nancy's brain cancer, and Mark caught me up on his life. In this, God quietly reminded me that everyone has needs, much like me. Lord, help me to love others as you love me!

What a blessing it is to be with the friends that God has brought into my life. What a blessing, directly from God, delivered in the most tangible way! God is so good to care for our (my) every need, and to do so in such meaningful ways. Our God is an awesome God!

- Ken

Mark Baumann randomly drove to our house, not knowing about the cancer. I listened to them talk in the living room and realized how awesome God is taking care of Ken’s needs in every way. The extra bonus is that Mark's son, Ryan, and his wife Jessica, and all their family are praying for us, and now, leaning in as we travel on this bittersweet journey.

-Nancy

The wonderful children of Ryan and Jessica Baumann

Names and photo used with permission

1 comment:

  1. I’m so glad you could all share that beautiful moment together and have such tangible support with good friends and Believers! ❤️

    Karen U

    ReplyDelete