Thursday, August 19, 2021

Conductor's Instruments


Does God know about our personal struggles, our family struggles, our social struggles, and are they of any concern to Him? Yes, He cares about our every need, and for this, we can be very thankful!

A flower once said to God, "I think I would rather have big red petals than these little purple ones." 

God answered the flower saying, "But I made you this way so you can attract the honey bees with your pollen. The honey bees will use your pollen to make honey. Then my people will taste the sweet honey and thank me for making such beautiful purple flowers, and for making the hard working honey bees with such sweet tasting honey, all from your pollen. And for this, you will be greatly admired."

An oak tree once said to God, "I think I would grow better if I wasn't so crowded in by these other trees in the forest." 

God answered the oak tree. "But I have great plans for you. Plans to prosper you and have you in a very special place. I need you to be cramped in for now so you will reach up for the sunlight and grow very tall and straight. When you are finished, you will be used as a great and sturdy beam to hold up the roof of a fine church building where many people will gather to worship. You will be admired for your strength and your beauty. Until then, you can endure the crowded forest because you know I have great plans for you."

A woman I knew very well asked God, "Why me, Lord? Why do I have to die from brain cancer?"

God answered the woman.

Romans 8:28-29

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Philippians 4

4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. 

5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; 

6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 

7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. 

9 What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

10 I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at length you have revived your concern for me. You were indeed concerned for me, but you had no opportunity. 

11 Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. 

12 I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. 

13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.


1 comment: