Saturday, June 19, 2021

Well Done

A tiny memorial of Nancy on a beach stone at her favorite place, the beach at the end of our road.

Nancy Lou Severn, 58 of Oostburg, passed away early Saturday morning, June 19, 2021 at her home, surrounded by her family.

Nancy was born to Glenn and Jean (Schnell) Steinbrecher on January 26, 1963. She graduated from Oshkosh West High School in 1981.

Nancy was united in marriage to Kenneth Severn on June 4, 1983 in Oshkosh.

She was employed as a special education teachers’ aide at Plymouth and Cedar Grove-Belgium School districts.

Nancy enjoyed the Lake Michigan beach, paddle boarding, hiking, biking, but most importantly, investing in people and relationships, and living out her faith in Christ Jesus.

Nancy is survived by her husband of 38 years, Kenneth; children, Andrew, Timothy and Matthew (Malorie) Severn, and Sarah (Ross) Fale; grandchildren Desmond, August and Isla; parents, Glenn and Jean Steinbrecher; siblings, Deb, Susan, Brian, and Lauri; parents-in-law Doris and Robert Lowell; sister-in-law, Ruth; nieces, nephews, other relatives, and friends.

She was preceded in death by her sister Judy in November, 2020 and father-in-law William Severn.

Private family services will take place at a later date.

The Wenig Funeral Home – Oostburg is serving the Severn family. For more information or to leave online condolences, please visit Wenig Funeral Home .


- Nancy Severn's Legacy of Love - 
Ken, Matt, Andrew, Tim
Malorie, Nancy, Sarah (missing Ross Fale)
Desmond, Isla, August






To the prettiest, most gracious woman I ever met:
It was a privilege and a blessing to be your husband.
Thank you for sharing your life with me. I miss you dearly.

8 comments:

  1. Ken and Family, we are praying for you. Nancy has finished her race. Nancy was a very special lady. We were so glad to get to know her in our Heaven class. May the Lord give you strength, peace and grace in the days ahead. Kim & Dennis Strysick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I knew Nancy for only a short time, both she and you have been an encouragement to me as you walked the valley together with our Lord. I will pray for you and your family in the days ahead as you navigate life without her at your side...but with the Lord continuing to walk with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My prayers are with you all! I know that Nancy is at peace in her forever home. May God’s love guide you and support you in the coming days.
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Friend, you will be missed but I will see you again! Love and prayers to Ken and family ❤️

    Teresa Brannon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heartbroken. Not sure what to say other than I am so thankful for Nancy's love for the Lord, for people, and for the world. Nancy was full of God's joy and peace in ways that so ministered to our family! Nancy, praying you are dancing in the presence of your heavenly father. Ken, please let us know when we can come by and get that beach date we talked about. We still would love to come and then give hugs in person. We are praying for you to know the Holy Spirit's presence in such an intimate way right now. Hurting with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so thankful to have has Nancy as my friend. She was the most gracious person that I know. She taught me so much about parenting, marriage and relationships. She was so “other” focused, and selfless. She was a true friend that I’m not sure how I will go in without. I am comforted to know that we will see each again. I know that this life on earth is a vapor, and I try to focus on being a light in the darkness. I will long for the day that we can be together again, and to hear her giggle. Nancy has brought many of us together, and by carrying on those relationships, we keep her alive in each of us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nancy will not be quickly forgotten! I loved her. She taught me so many lessons. We only worked together for 4 days during a WAAE convention one year, but it was enough time to leave an imprint on my young heart forever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She was a beautiful soul. I'm sorry,Ken. God's comfort be with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete