Friday, November 27, 2020

The Bittersweet

Nov 25, 2020 - The grade 4 glioblastoma multiforme tumor, the cancer Nancy named "Bittersweet"

On Wednesday, November 25, I was diagnosed with a terminal grade 4 glioblastoma multiforme tumor, a very aggressive brain tumor. The 8.5 hour brain surgery was completed on Monday, November 30, at Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee. The surgeons were able to remove much of the tumor, however, some of the cancer remains "in some valuable real estate", said Dr. Wade Mueller. In mid December, I will begin chemotherapy and radiation treatments for about one year. 

While this is very sad news, my hope is to use this remaining time to share my faith in Jesus Christ, and allow others to come with me on this journey as we experience the realities of life and death. As you all know, I love sharing deeply of myself, so lean in and experience as much of this with me as you like. Ask questions and share anytime.

6 comments:

  1. What a testimony of your faith and God's generous mercy, love and faithfulness to you and all who follow Him. Our prayers remain with all of you! Nancy Zimmermann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God knows the number of hairs on our head...and what's inside of it. Bumpy road, but God's driving, so it's all good! - Ken / I will share a story about Isaiah 53 soon. - Nancy

      Delete
  2. Nothing shows a true foundation in the Lord more than navigating thru difficult situations in life and still saying God is good. Many people in your situation would be blaming God but you still sing his praises and for that I commend you. Thank you for being a strong Christian that reminds me what it means to truly be saved and trust in the Lord. Take heart that you made a difference here in this world, in my life and in the lives of many others, and I think I speak for many people here when I say I can see Christ working in you and through you even now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Reagan! It is my belief that God will use anything we allow Him to use to further His kingdom so it is our desire to not limit God each day. Pray for His peace to continue to surround us!

    ReplyDelete