Monday, June 20, 2022

There is a Season


Yesterday, our children, grand children, and a number of special friends spanning 40 years, all gathered at the shore of Lake Michigan, the place Nancy and I called "our beach". Guided by the arrangement Nancy provided before she passed, we sang together and read some passages. Then my family and I walked into the water with Nancy's remains. As we passed the container, from youngest to oldest, I watched each of our children holding the heavier-than-expected remains, silently saying a last goodbye to their mother. As I said a final goodbye to my loving bride, I placed her remains under the water, on the bottom of what Nancy called her favorite place ever, honoring her final request.

Having completed all that Nancy has asked of me, another season of life has come to a close. I thank my Heavenly Father for the time we had together, and for the continuing blessing of our four exceptional children, and their children. Through the lens of Romans 8:28-29, I have no regrets, and I am thankful for God's love and mercy poured out on us all. May I continue to follow and serve our Lord Jesus for all of my days as I start this new season in life. God is forever faithful.

What a privilege it is to write this on a most appropriate day, my birthday. My birth day.

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die:
a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted.
- Ecclesiastes 3:1-2



No comments:

Post a Comment